What are the benefits of accreditation?
Accreditation of a training setting ensures that trainees have access to quality supervision during training, the opportunity to improve on clinical skills and knowledge, and continuing education and research opportunities. The training standards that an employer is required to adhere to ensure:
- an appropriate learning environment and culture for trainees
- high quality management of training
- skilled supervisors that are supported in their teaching role
- a supported training experience for trainees
- alignment of curricula to training, with sufficient training resources, a high level of supervision, and effective feedback.