AFOEM Essay Prize
Opening of applications for 2019 will be announced soon.
The Australasian Faculty of Occupational & Environmental Medicine (AFOEM) Essay Prize is offered for excellence in occupational medicine. This is demonstrated through the best essay written additional to curriculum requirements, or the best research project or assignment required, either obligatory or optionally, in the assessment of courses in occupational or environmental health.
Who is eligible?
Entry is open to:
- Medical students in whichever year or years are deemed appropriate by the Dean of the Faculty, depending on the medical curriculum concerned
- Interns in their first year of graduation if necessary, to allow them to present material dealt with in the final year.
What is the prize?
The prize is $1,000 to the student judged to have written the best essay in accordance with the eligibility and criteria
How do I Apply?
- Read the Terms & Conditions (Prizes)
- Submit the following documents in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A completed application form
- An essay, or research project or assignment about any topic in the fields of occupational or environmental health is acceptable. The length of the submission is expected to be approximately 2,000 words. Formal published researcher papers are accepted providing the contribution by authors/supervisors is clearly identified.
- Letter of support from their institution
Applications will be reviewed by members of the AFOEM Education Committee and if no contribution is adjudged to be of sufficiently high standard, an award will not be made.
For more information on this prize, please contact the RACP Foundation at email@example.com