AFOEM Essay Prize
Applications for this award are now closed.
Closing Date: Friday 27 October 5pm ADST
The Australasian Faculty of Occupational & Environmental Medicine Essay Prize is offered for excellence in occupational medicine. This is demonstrated through the best essay written additional to curriculum requirements, or the best research project or assignment required, either obligatory or optionally, in the assessment of courses in occupational or environmental health.
The prize is $1,000 to the student judged to have written the best essay in accordance with the eligibility and criteria below
Eligibility Criteria and Application Process
- Entry is open to:
- medical students in whichever year or years are deemed appropriate by the Dean of the Faculty, depending on the medical curriculum concerned.
- interns in their first year of graduation if necessary, to allow them to present material dealt with in the final year.
- An essay, or research project or assignment about any topic in the fields of occupational or environmental health is acceptable.
- The length of the submission is expected to be approximately 2,000 words.
- Formal published researcher papers are accepted providing the contribution by authors/supervisors is clearly identified
- Applicants must include a letter of support from their institution
- Applications will be reviewed by members of the AFOEM Education Committee and if no contribution is adjudged to be of sufficiently high standard, an award will not be made.
- Application forms and supporting documentation are to be submitted by the applicant in .pdf format to email@example.com
The Terms & Conditions (Prizes)(PDF 70KB) will apply.
The application form can be downloaded here (doc 110KB)
For any further information please contact the RACP Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org