Dr Boris Mak Rehabilitation Medicine Trainee Award for Best Presentation
This prize is awarded to the best presentation by New Zealand trainees at the annual New Zealand Rehabilitation Medicine Symposium. This prize is made possible due to the generosity of Dr Mak's family.
Terms & Conditions (Prizes)
Who is eligible?
- Trainees of the Australasian Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine residing in New Zealand are invited to submit a formal power point presentation to the AFRM Branch Committee to be eligible for the Dr Boris Mak Rehabilitation Medicine Trainee Presentation Award presented at the Annual New Zealand Rehabilitation Medicine Symposium.
- All Trainees are invited to present a 10 minute Rehabilitation Medicine power point presentation of their current research, an interesting case study with associated scientific educational information or a Rehabilitation Medicine “hot topic” of interest. All will be considered for the Dr Boris Mak Rehabilitation Medicine Trainee Award.
What is the Prize?
- A first place prize of $1000 will be awarded for the best Trainee presentation
- A second place prize of $500 also will be awarded
How do I apply?
- Read the Terms & Conditions (Prizes)
- Submit your abstract following the provided abstract guidelines via email to email@example.com
What is the selection process?
- The method of selection is to be competitive and judges will consider and select on the basis of the following criteria:
- Content (originality, significance and importance)
- The presentation (clarity of verbal communication, use of visual aids)
- There shall be at least three judges to be identified and acknowledged at the start of judging.
- Trainees must present work in which they have made a significant contribution to the concept and execution.Originality is important but not an overriding consideration.
- Each representative will be allocated 10 minutes for their talk (maximum), with an additional 3 minutes (maximum) for questions and answers.
- The presenter’s contribution to the discussion.
For more information on the Dr Boris Mak Rehabilitation Medicine Trainee Award, please contact please contact firstname.lastname@example.org