Jameson Investigator Award for Research related to Indigenous Health Issues
This award is due to the generosity of a bequest from Mrs Elsie Jameson
Open: Friday 28 July 2017
- Close: Friday 22 September 2017
- Presentations: Wednesday 1 November 2017
Abstracts (PDF 265KB) are to be submitted to the Queensland State Office at RACPQLD@racp.edu.au by the closing date above.
The Jameson Investigator Award for Research Related to Indigenous Health Issues is awarded to the best oral research presentation made at the Queensland State Committee Research Presentation evening. Presentations are able to be made in person or via video conference.
The recipient of the Jameson Investigator Award for Research Related to Indigenous Health Issues will receive $1000 and a Certificate.
Eligibility Criteria and Application Process
- The award is open to RACP trainees, or Fellows who have been admitted to Fellowship within three years at the time of the oral presentation, and who are registered as a Queensland member.
- Abstracts (PDF 265KB) are to be submitted to the Queensland State Office by the closing date above.
- Abstracts submitted for this award will be reviewed by members of the College and those of sufficiently high standard will be selected for an oral presentation (approximately 12 minutes plus 3 minutes question time).
- Presentations will be judged by an Award Review Panel.
- Trainees must present work in which they have made a significant contribution to the concept and execution. Originality is important but not an overriding consideration
- The presentations will be judged on the following criteria:
• Excellence of hypothesis
• Scientific merit
• Potential impact/outcomes (community, science)
• Oral presentation
• Relevance to Indigenous Health
- If no presentation is adjudged by the Review Panel to be of sufficiently high standard, a representative will not be selected.
- The award will be acknowledged at events and in editorial material as deemed appropriate by the College
The College Terms & Conditions (Prizes) (PDF 318KB) will apply.
For any further information please contact the RACP Foundation at email@example.com