Rue Wright Memorial Award
Applications are submitted via the RACP Congress website
Dr Rue Wright was a significant founder of The Australian Child Health Medical Association (ACHMA). The ACHMA, founded in 1984, was the first Australian association of community child health doctors.
The RACP awards the Rue Wright Memorial Award to a Fellow or trainee who demonstrates excellence in hypothesis, scientific merit and relevance to Community Child health in an oral presentation at the RACP Congress.
Who is eligible?
The Rue Wright Memorial Award is open to:
- Australian or New Zealand Fellows or trainees of the RACP
- Members of the Chapter of Community Child Health or affiliate members of the Chapter of Community Child Health Special Interest Groups
The abstract submitted must be on work:
- Undertaken in Australia and/or New Zealand, and
- Relating to children with special needs, or population paediatrics in one the following categories:
- Child development and behaviour
- Child disability
- Child protection
- Child health surveillance and screening
- Health promotion
- Health protection and disease control
What is the prize?
The Rue Wright Memorial Award recipient will receive:
The RACP will acknowledge the recipient at the RACP Congress.
How do I apply?
- Read the Terms and Conditions (Prizes)
- Submit your abstract via the RACP Congress website
- Indicate via the online application process that your submission is for the Rue Wright Memorial Award.
Note: As long as you meet all relevant criteria, your abstract may be considered for multiple awards, providing you give permission for this via the online application process.
What is the selection process?
- A working group of the Paediatrics and Child Health Division will review all abstracts and choose those of sufficiently high standard for presentation at the RACP Congress
- The RACP will invite successful applicants to present at the RACP Congress and will notify them of the time and length of their presentation.
- An Award Review Panel will judge applicant presentations at RACP Congress.
- The recipient is required to give permission for the publication of their abstract in the Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health. However, the Editor in Chief of the Journal has full discretion regarding publication.
For more information on the Rue Wright Memorial Award, please contact the RACP Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org