T C Butler & F R T Stevens Prize
These awards are due to two generous bequests from RACP Fellows based in Tasmania. Dr T C Butler was a distinguished physician who was attached to the Royal Hobart Hospital. Dr F R T Stevens was a physician at the Launceston General Hospital, was involved in the founding of the medical school at the University of Tasmania and was an active member of a number of committees associated with the RACP, the University of Tasmania and other bodies.
The Tasmanian State Committee of The Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP) is offering the T C Butler and F R T Stevens Prize.
Open: Friday 15 June 2017
Close: Friday 11 August 2017, (5 pm AEST)
Application form (.doc 99KB)
The Prizes will be presented in Hobart, Tasmania, as part of the 2017 IMSANZ Annual Scientific Meeting
There are three awards available, each with a certificate:
Eligibility Criteria and Application Process
- The award is open to RACP (Division, Faculty and Chapter) trainees and Fellows (within three years of admission to Fellowship).
- Applicants are required to complete the application form and provide a written submission (approximately 1,500 words) on the applicant’s perspective on a medical or clinical condition or illness which impacts a vulnerable group in society. A wide definition of a vulnerable group in society will be used for the judging of this Prize. It is up to the author to define their vulnerable population group and why they are considered a vulnerable population group. This may include (but is not limited to) both physically and emotionally vulnerable groups (e.g. adults or children with developmental disability, people with mental illness, refugees, adults and children in violent families) and also those vulnerable due to location (e.g. rural and remote). This perspective should include possible solutions to minimise impact. An individual case may be used as an example. The essay must be based on work completed in Tasmania.
- Applications will be assessed by an Award Review Panel who will be Fellows of the College.
- Applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application following the decision of the Award Review Panel. Recipients will be formally announced and presented in Tasmania with their prize and may be asked to speak on their research at an event in Tasmania.
- Previous recipients of the T C Butler & F R T Stevens Prize are ineligible to compete a subsequent time.
- Application forms and supporting documentation are to be submitted by the applicant in pdf format to email@example.com by the closing date above.
The College Terms & Conditions (Prizes) (PDF 64KB)