Australasian Chapter of Addiction Medicine
The AChAM is pleased to be able to offer the following opportunities to Fellows and Trainees.
The AChAM Research Project Prize is offered for excellence in addiction medicine. This is demonstrated through the best essay written additional to curriculum requirements.
The Australasian Chapter of Addiction Medicine of The Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP) offers the AChAM Indigenous Prize to medical students and junior medical officers who identify as being of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander or Maori descent. The Prize will support attendance at the ASM or an Addiction Medicine Conference.
The purpose of this initiative is to:
- Provide an educational opportunity
- Network with peers and meet influential healthcare professionals
- Develop an awareness of career opportunities as a physician and the activities of the RACP
- Raise awareness of the work being done by the RACP to help Close the Gap and achieve equitable access to health and better outcomes for Indigenous people
- Support an understanding of the health of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Maori peoples