Jan Edwards Prize
The Jan Edwards Prize was named in honour of the long serving Executive Secretary of the previous Australasian College of Sexual Health Physicians (ACSHP). Dr Jan Edwards left the ACSHP on 15 September 2005 after serving 19 years with ACSHP and overseeing its transition to become the Australasian Chapter of Sexual Health Medicine of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians.
The Australasian Chapter of Sexual Health Medicine (AChSHM) will award the Jan Edwards prize for
a proffered paper of high standard, presented orally by a registered Chapter Trainee at the annual Australasian Sexual Health Conference.
Applications are now closed
Closing date: COB Friday 11 August 2017
For 2017 the Australasian Sexual Health Conference will be held in conjunction with the Australasian HIV & AIDS Conference 7 - 9 November in Canberra, ACT.
Who is eligible?
To apply for the Jan Edwards Prize, you must be a registered AChSHM trainee.
What is the prize?
The Jan Edwards Prize recipient will receive:
How do I apply?
- Read the RACP Terms and Conditions (Prizes) (PDF 70KB)
- Download the abstract template (PDF 40KB)
- Email your abstract to email@example.com
- You must indicate that your abstract is for the Jan Edwards Prize
What is the selection process?
- Abstracts submitted for this award will be reviewed by an Award Review Panel consisting of members of the College and those of sufficiently high standard will be selected for an oral presentation at the Australasian Sexual Health Conference.
- The presentation should concern original and unpublished observations made by the Trainee. Preference will be given to a presentation which includes an Introduction, Methods, Results and Discussion.
- Presentations must be no longer than 10 minutes with an additional 5 minutes for Questions.
- The presentations will be judged on the following criteria:
- Scientific merit
- Quality of data
- Contribution to knowledge
- Presentation and adherence to time
- Response to questions
- No award will be made if presentations are not considered to be of suitable standard.
- Previous recipients of the Jan Edwards Prize are ineligible to compete a subsequent time.
For any further information please contact the Chapter Secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org