What role does the NDIA have in relation to the NDIS?
The NDIA are the central government agency responsible for administering the NDIS. The roles and responsibilities of the NDIA are set out in Section 117 of the NDIS Act 2013. The NDIA has a Board of Directors who are responsible for the governance of the NDIA and the Board holds the following key responsibilities:
- to ensure the proper, efficient and effective performance of the NDIA’s functions;
- to determine objectives, strategies and policies to be followed by the NDIA;
- any other functions conferred on the Board by or under:
- this Act, the regulations or an instrument made under this Act; or
- any other law of the Commonwealth.