RACP Fellows honoured
28 Jan 2021
Congratulations to the 26 RACP Fellows recognised in the 2021 Australia Day and Aotearoa New Zealand New Year Honours lists. We would also like to congratulate Professor Brendan Murphy who is the ACT state recipient of the Australian of the Year 2021.
These awards highlight the outstanding work RACP members do and the importance of that work in local, national and international communities.
Member of the Order of New Zealand (ONZ)
- Emeritus Professor Sir Mason Harold Durie KNZM, FRACP (Honorary)
For services to New Zealand
Companion of the New Zealand Order of Merit (CNZM)
- Professor Stephen Thomas Chambers FRACP
For services to infectious disease research.
- Distinguished Professor Ian Reginald Reid FRACP
For services to medicine.
Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit (MNZM)
- Dr Gagrath (Joe) Pradeep Singh FRACP
For services to health.
Officer (AO) in the General Division of the Order of Australia
- Professor Alan Cass FRACP
For distinguished service to medical research, particularly to the prevention and management of chronic kidney disease, to improved Indigenous clinical care and health outcomes, and as a mentor.
- Professor Susan Ruth Davis FRACP
For distinguished service to medicine, to women's health as a clinical endocrinologist and researcher, and to medical education.
- Professor Peter Jeffery Leedman FRACP
For distinguished service to medicine, health and medical research as a physician-scientist, to professional societies, and to tertiary education.
- Professor Robert Francis Moulds FRACP
For distinguished service to medicine, to clinical pharmacology and medical education, and to the development of therapeutic guidelines.
- Professor Roger Robert Reddel FRACP
For distinguished service to biomedical research in the field of adult and childhood cancer and genetics, and to tertiary education.
Member (AM) in the General Division of the Order of Australia
- Professor Emily Banks FAFPHM
For significant service to medical research and education.
- Associate Professor Anne Marie Brooks FRACP
For significant service to ophthalmology, and to eye health organisations.
- Associate Professor Douglas James Brown FAFRM, FRACP
For significant service to medicine, particularly to spinal cord injuries.
- Dr Paul Craft FRACP
For significant service to medicine, to oncology, and to professional organisations.
- Professor Daniel Ian Lubman FAChAM
For significant service to medical education, research, treatment and policy in the field of addiction.
- Emeritus Professor Ronald Douglas McEvoy FRACP
For significant service to medical research, particularly to respiratory and sleep health.
- Dr James Jip McGill FRACP
For significant service to metabolic medicine, to biochemical genetic pathology, and to medical education.
- Dr Patrick John Phillips FRACP
For significant service to medicine, and to diabetes organisations.
- Dr Gerard Francis Ryan FRACP
For significant service to respiratory medicine, and to people living with cystic fibrosis.
- Professor Markus Joachim Seibel FRACP
For significant service to medical research, and to endocrinology.
Medal (OAM) of the Order of Australia in the General Division
- Dr Ruth Hope Arnold FRACP
For service to medicine as a cardiologist.
- Associate Professor Richard Kok Siong Loh FRACP
For service to medicine, particularly to clinical immunology.
- Dr Anandhan Perumal Naidoo FRACP
For service to paediatric medicine.
- Dr David Leslie Outridge FAChAM
For service to medicine, particularly to addiction recovery programs.
- Dr Christopher Robert Schull FRACP
For service to thoracic and tropical medicine, and to the community.
- Dr Sheryl Anne Van Nunen FRACP
For service to medicine, particularly to clinical immunology and allergy.
Public Service Medal (PSM)
- Dr Armand Casolin FAFOEM
For outstanding public service to rail transport in New South Wales, particularly to the development of safe working protocols during COVID-19.