Paediatric Research Committee 2018 Mid-Year Communiqué
The PRC have almost completed work on an Academic Pathways for Trainees and Fellows document. This document will outline the academic pathways in medicine available, highlight the challenges that may be encountered and identify strategies to work through these. The document is close to finalisation and will be communicated to members in the coming months.
- The PRC are continuing to collaborate with the PCHD Policy & Advocacy Committee and PCHD Education Committee to improve processes for developing position statements and engaging advanced trainees.
- Model of Collaboration agreements are being drafted with the APRN and the Australian Paediatric Surveillance Unit.
- The PRC have contributed to the PCHD Council’s work on the Division’s identity and purpose through providing a research perspective.
- PRC member Dr Suzy Teutsch represented the RACP at the Australian Society for Medical Research (ASMR) Gala on the 6 June.
I would like to welcome the following members who have recently joined the PRC:
- Dr Patrina Caldwell
- Dr Philip Britton
- Dr Atul Malhotra
- Dr Ryan Lucas (trainee representative)
- A/Prof Franz Babl (PREDICT representative)
View the full PRC membership.
Resources available to our members:
Australian Paediatric Research Network research resources
Australian Paediatric Surveillance Unit systematic literature review resource
RACP Research Curated Collection
Your feedback and queries are always welcomed. Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor Harriet Hiscock, Chair
Paediatrics & Child Health Division Research Committee