Divisional Written Examination
Information on the 2018 Divisional Written Exam for Basic Trainees
Last updated 5 March 2018
- Approximately 1100 trainees sat the paper based reserve exam at 18 sites throughout Australia and New Zealand.
- The College will now focus on marking all exams so results can be issued on March 15, in time for trainees to register for the Clinical Exams
- Any trainee that intends to sit the alternative exam on March 23, will be automatically registered for the Clinical Exam
- Neither the computer based or the rescheduled paper-based exams will count as an examination attempt.
Last updated 28 February 2018
Important information for Basic Trainees following the 19 February computer-based exam cancellation
he RACP has been in contact with impacted trainees. If you intend to sit the reserve exam and have not confirmed your attendance, please email email@example.com
Instructions to Candidates
Read the Instruction to Candidates (PDF 360KB) for the Reserve Divisional Written Examination.
Reserve exam locations
Exams will be held in:
Adelaide, Auckland, Brisbane, Cairns, Canberra, Christchurch, Darwin, Dunedin, Gold Coast, Hamilton, Hobart, Melbourne, Newcastle, Perth, Sydney, Townsville, Wellington and Wollongong.
View location information and instructions
Frequently asked questions
Cancelled Divisional Written Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Details about the reserve exam on 2 March 2018
- Candidates are advised to arrive at their venue at 8:45am
- The exam time is 9:30am to 4pm local time. All candidates at the venue will commence papers and the lunch break at the same time
- The exam will be completed on our standard multiple choice scoresheets using pens.
- There will be a dedicated RACP exam room at each venue, no other exams will be conducted nearby or in the same room.
- Candidates who have previously had a special accommodation request approved will be emailed directly.
- Candidates will not have access to personal belongings during each paper but may bring water bottles, feminine hygiene products, medication and medical devices, and care items such as tissues or lip balm into the exam room. Water and tissues will also be provided in each exam room.
- Candidates will not have access to mobile phones or other electronic devices until they leave the exam at the end of the day.
- Candidates will not be able to leave the venue during the lunch break. Lunch and coffee will be provided. Candidates with specific dietary requirements should contact us as soon as possible or bring their own lunch.
- Partners or others may enter the venue during the lunch break, for example to bring in food for your baby.
- We are using a trusted exam provider who has previously delivered a high level of service.
- Please note the examination will now also be offered in Cairns and Wollongong.
- There will be senior RACP staff onsite at every venue.
- Results will be available on 15 March 2018 in time to register for the clinical examination
Support for Doctors
Monday 19 February cancelled exam text
The text version of the cancelled exam for Adult Medicine and Paediatric and Child Health Medicine papers are available: