Divisional Written Examination
Important information for Basic Trainees following the 19 February computer-based exam cancellation
This page will be updated with new information as soon as it is available
- The RACP is contacting all impacted trainees
- The exam on 19 February was cancelled and does not count as an attempt
- A paper based exam will replace the computer-based exam which trainees will be asked to re-sit on Friday 2 March 2018
- No exam questions will be reused from the previous exam on the replacement exam
- There is no exam fee for the replacement exam
- DPEs have been contacted and advised of the new exam date
- When trainees are contacted by telephone, they will be asked to confirm attendance, full name, MIN number, and a location preference from these locations:
Support for Doctors
Monday 19 February cancelled exam text
The text version of the cancelled exam for Adult Medicine and Paediatric and Child Health Medicine papers are available:
Details about the reserve exam on 2 March 2018
- Candidates are advised to arrive at their venue at 8:45am
- The exam time is 9:30am to 4pm local time. All candidates at the venue will commence papers and the lunch break at the same time
- The exam will be completed on our standard multiple choice scoresheets using pens.
- There will be a dedicated RACP exam room at each venue, no other exams will be conducted nearby or in the same room.
- Candidates who have previously had a special accommodation request approved will be emailed directly.
- Candidates will not have access to personal belongings during each paper but may bring water bottles, feminine hygiene products, medication and medical devices, and care items such as tissues or lip balm into the exam room. Water and tissues will also be provided in each exam room.
- Candidates will not have access to mobile phones or other electronic devices until they leave the exam at the end of the day.
- Candidates will not be able to leave the venue during the lunch break. Lunch and coffee will be provided. Candidates with specific dietary requirements should contact us as soon as possible or bring their own lunch.
- Partners or others may enter the venue during the lunch break, for example to bring in food or your baby.
- We are using a trusted exam provider who has previously delivered a high level of service.
- Please note the examination will now also be offered in Cairns and Wollongong. If you wish to sit the examination in one of these locations please reply to this email.
- There will be senior RACP staff onsite at every venue.
- Results will be available in time to register for the clinical examination