Advanced Training Supervisor's Report
A Supervisor's Report provides a comprehensive overview of your progress and achievement during the training year. It provides you with structured feedback on your performance from your Supervisor and will inform the decision on the certification of your training.
The Supervisor’s Report template and additional forms are available under the Forms and Resources tab in your Advanced Training Program handbook.
2 x Supervisor’s Reports to be completed each training year:
- A mid-year Supervisor’s Report for the first 6 months of the training year
- An end-of-year Supervisor’s Report for the last 6 months of the training year, submitted end-of-year
If you’re undertaking rotations of less than 6 months, you are required to submit 1 Supervisor’s Report for each rotation.
Training at different settings and/or with different supervisors requires 1 Supervisor’s Report for each rotation.
Refer to your Advanced Training Program handbook for program-specific requirements and submission deadlines.
If you’re unsure about your Supervisor’s Report requirements, contact Advanced Training.
Completing a report
- All your nominated supervisors must complete the Supervisor’s Report. You can view your nominated supervisors by logging in to the Advanced Training Portal.
- Arrange a meeting to discuss and complete the Supervisor's Report with your supervisor(s).
- All trainee and supervisor declarations must be completed and dated, otherwise the report will be considered incomplete and returned for further action. Signatures are not required.
- Supervisors can either complete one combined report or complete individual reports.
- If you have more than 2 nominated supervisors, any additional supervisors must complete either a Supplementary Supervisor Comments Form or a separate Supervisor’s Report.
- Dual trainees must complete the Supervisor’s Report for the specialty most relevant to the training period. Separate reports for the same training period aren’t required for dual training.
Submitting a report
- Submit your report(s) to the College by email to your specialty. If you are dual training, please send your report(s) to both specialties.
- All supervisors must be copied into the email submission of your report(s) to the College.
- Reports are accepted in PDF (preferred) or Word format only.
- Save a copy of your report(s) for your own records.
The Training Committee may not certify training if your Supervisor’s Report is submitted after the specified deadline.
Late reports will not be accepted unless you’ve been granted an extension through an Application for Special Consideration* (DOC).
Special Consideration must be applied for prior to the Supervisor’s Report deadline. You can also submit a letter of explanation to support your application.
Applications will be assessed against the criteria outlined in the Special Consideration for Assessment Policy (PDF).
Developmental and Psychosocial Training
A Supervisor’s Report is also required to complete Developmental and Psychosocial Training (if applicable). Developmental and Psychosocial Training can be undertaken during Basic Training or Advanced Training and is a requirement for all Paediatric and Child Health trainees.
* As outlined in the Progression Through Training Policy (PDF), section 7.8.1:
‘Training will not be certified where the trainee has not satisfactorily completed all training requirements for the prospectively approved training period by the relevant deadline(s), or during an extension period if granted by the committee.’