The Royal Australasian College of Physicians occupies a unique place in the Australian and New Zealand healthcare systems.
- We have almost 25,000 members.
- RACP trains, supports and sets standards for a wide range of specialties, including cardiology, medical oncology, public health and 30 other programs.
- We have two Divisions (Adult Medicine Division and Paediatrics and Child Health Division), three Faculties (Public Health Medicine, Rehabilitation Medicine and Occupational & Environmental Medicine) and four Chapters (Community Child Health, Palliative Medicine, Addiction Medicine and Sexual Health Medicine)
- We support lifelong learning through innovative, continuing professional development opportunities across a breadth of specialties
- We take a stand and have an impact on wide range of health issues through leadership in policy and advocacy in Australian and New Zealand.
- We are a respected supporter of research with the RACP foundation offering awards, fellowships, scholarships, grants and prizes to encourage medical students and graduates to consider a career as a Physician, support their physician education and enable exceptional Fellow and trainee members to engage in research.
By providing dedicated support to our Fellows and Trainee Members, the RACP strives for excellence in health and medical care through lifelong learning, quality performance and advocacy.