A setting is a health service, like a hospital, accredited to coordinate and deliver work-based training for our Training Programs.
Learn more about the RACP Training Provider Standards and Basic Training Accreditation Requirements.
View the standards and documentation to apply for Advanced Training Program accreditation.
Find out about the Accreditation Program implementation for settings offering Basic Training Programs.
Learn more about how we will use accreditation to monitor settings’ capacity to train.
An accredited setting:
- delivers workplace training to develop competent physicians who provide safe healthcare to patients
- safeguards trainees and trainee-delivered patient care
- promotes high-quality learning
- supports quality teaching and supervision
- enables training providers to reflect on their training and make improvements
We assess all health services that provide physician training.