New Fellow Survey
The survey is now closed.
Tell us about your successes and challenges as a new Fellow in the 2023 New Fellow Survey.
Your input helps us to provide tailored support for members and make evidence-informed improvements to training programs.
Provide feedback on how your RACP training program has prepared you for unsupervised professional practice and share your experience of the transition from trainee to specialist physician.
2021 survey insights
Results from the 2021 New Fellow Survey indicate that 87 per cent of new Fellow respondents felt their training prepared them for unsupervised professional practice. Some preferred areas for further professional development included topics related to:
- career planning and advice
- leadership and managing people
- managing the transition from trainee to Consultant/Specialist
- setting up a private practice
- mentoring and/or finding a mentor
All members who completed a Division, Faculty or Chapter training program between 2 October 2020 and 31 March 2022 are eligible to take the survey.
How we use the results
Survey results will inform how we can best support you during this transition period and improve training across Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand. For example, your insights will help us to:
- understand challenges encountered in the transition from trainee to unsupervised professional practice
- identify areas for training improvements
- provide tailored support and/or resources on topics you want to know more about
- better understand the positions you occupy and the barriers associated with acquiring specialist roles
Your responses are strictly confidential and used for quality improvement purposes. Identifying details will be removed and only aggregated results will be presented.
Contact us with questions.
Your survey response gives you the chance to win one of three $200 Prezzee gift cards.
Winners will be drawn at random and contacted by email after the survey closes.