An AFOEM supervisor is a Faculty Fellow, endorsed by the Regional Training Program Director. An AFOEM supervisor provides an AFOEM trainee with assistance towards completion of the Faculty's requirements for Fellowship.
- Provide quality time with the trainee to make recommendations on their training
- Provide comprehensive and timely feedback on a trainee’s progress and achievement (six-monthly Training Status Reports, six-monthly review)
- Advise a trainee on educational opportunities to improve clinical practice
- Attend regional training meetings (if their trainee is presenting)
- Attend the Annual Training and Annual Scientific Meetings
Where possible, trainees should have at least two supervisors (at different times) during their training program to promote a wider range of experiences for the trainee. Trainees should have regular contact with their supervisor, at least monthly but preferably fortnightly.
A trainee must nominate you as their supervisor as part of their annual prospective application for Advanced Training.
If you are interested in becoming a supervisor for Occupational and Environmental Medicine, you can also contact the Regional Training Program Director