Becoming a Fellow
We welcome around 1000 new Fellows each year, providing all the opportunity to work with their peers in developing superior training, medical care and health policies.
New Fellow Survey
The New Fellow Survey is an opportunity to provide feedback on how well your RACP training prepared you for unsupervised professional practice.
Find our more about the survey.
New Fellows are invited to attend one of the College Ceremonies held each year. Find Ceremony information, upcoming dates and FAQs.
Resources to help guide you on your journey as a new consultant.
The New Fellow Survey is an opportunity for you to provide feedback on how well your RACP training program prepared you for unsupervised professional practice.
Admission to Fellowship
Progression from approval of training requirements to confirmation of Fellowship can take 6 to 8 weeks.
Approval of training requirements | We recommend eligible trainees and overseas trained physicians (OTPs) to the relevant Education or OTP committee and appropriate Division, Faculty or Chapter for approval to be admitted to Fellowship.
Apply for Fellowship | After your training has been confirmed, you receive an email invitation from Member Services with instructions on how to apply online for Fellowship.
Fellowship confirmation letter | After completing the admission to Fellowship application and paying the associated fees, you receive a letter via email from the President confirming training and Fellowship. This confirmation letter can be used when registering as a physician with APHRA or MCNZ. Contact us if a hard copy letter is required.
Testamur | You receive your testamur (Fellowship certificate) via registered post within a few months.
The Fellowship Mark is a trademarked symbol designed exclusively for RACP Fellows to use to symbolise their professional qualifications and membership of the RACP to their patients, peers and the community. Fellowship Marks are available for download through MyRACP.
Former Fellows can apply to be re-admitted as a Fellow of the College. The re-admission process and required supporting documentation varies, depending on the circumstances under which the membership ceased. The documents required for each re-admission pathway are as follows:
Re-admission due to non-payment of subscriptions within 6 months of termination
- a letter to the Executive General Manager, Member Engagement and Support, requesting and outlining your reasons for re-admission to Fellowship
- proof of your ongoing registration as a health practitioner
All other reasons, including non-payment of subscriptions outside 6 months of termination or resignation
- a letter to the relevant Division, Faculty or Chapter President requesting re-admission
- an up-to-date curriculum vitae
- proof of your ongoing registration as a health practitioner and the relevant details
- a letter of reference from a peer who is a Fellow of the College and of the same discipline as the applicant
- evidence of CPD activities undertaken in the previous 2 years that meet the College’s MyCPD Framework requirements
See the Re-admission to Fellowship Policy or contact us for more information.