Fee Reimbursement Initiative
The Fee Reimbursement Initiative is for eligible trainees who identify as:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Māori and/or Pasifika and are not directly employed by District Health Boards in Aotearoa New Zealand
The reimbursement can be used to cover the cost of annual training and/or first-attempt examinations for Basic and Advanced Training.
The Fee Reimbursement Initiative aims to provide equitable access for our Indigenous doctors who wish to specialise as physicians and is an important mechanism for progressing Priority 2 of the College’s Indigenous Strategic Framework (Framework) 2018 – 2028 to 'Grow and support the Indigenous physician workforce'.
An application for the Fee Reimbursement Initiative can be made by a College trainee who fulfills all of the following criteria:
- Is registered as a Basic or Advanced Trainee with the College.
- Identifies as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, Māori and/or Pasifika and can show proof of their Indigeneity and/or Pasifika ethnicity as part of the Fee Reimbursement Application process.
- For College trainees in Aotearoa New Zealand (as applicable), is not directly employed by a District Health Board (DHB).
- Has paid the training and/or exam fee/s being sought for reimbursement. Noting that for exams, a fee reimbursement can only be sought for the first attempt at an exam.
- Is seeking reimbursement/s of the annual training fee and/or exam fees for exams undertaken and completed in 2022.
- Completes and submits the Fee Reimbursement Initiative Application Form (PDF) by 11:59pm (AEST), 31 March 2023 to Alexandra Kinsey via email to email@example.com
Applications to the Fee Reimbursement Initiative need to be made using the Fee Reimbursement Initiative Application Form (PDF) (Application Form).
Submit your completed Application Form, and any supporting documents, to Alexandra Kinsey via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date at 11:59pm (AEST), 31 March 2023.
Contact Alexandra Kinsey via email at email@example.com for any questions about the Fee Reimbursement Initiative or Application Form.