If the rescheduled 2020 exam can’t go ahead, the following contingency plans will be put in place. The safety of all participants is at the core of these plans.
Plan B | We push back the exam to mid-2021. We also move 2021 exam to between September and November 2021.
Plan C (if Short Cases can’t go ahead) | We run local summative assessments instead of Short Cases within your own hospital. They will be a modified Short Case equivalent. Details to be confirmed.
Plan D (if Long and Short Cases can’t go ahead) | We run local summative assessments instead of Long and Short Cases. Details to be confirmed.
Plan B | We run as one cohort in May 2021 or
Plan C | We move to a modular approach. We run virtual Long Cases early/mid 2021 and Short Cases later in 2021.
Plan D | We run as per option C and D for modular.
All candidates eligible to sit the 2020 exam will be able to meet their required Basic Training assessments by the end of 2021. If this requires an alternative assessment to the current Long and/or Short Cases, we’ll make this decision by mid-2021.
If one or more hospitals, States or Territories can’t go ahead with an exam on its planned date due to COVID-19, those in unaffected areas can still take their exam.