Interrupting or withdrawing from training
Interrupting your training
Interrupted training refers to an absence from your training rotations for more than eight weeks consecutively in a training year. This includes parental leave (maternity, paternity or adoptive leave).
Use the Interruption of Training form if you are interrupting your training this year. Register your period of interruption with the RACP before you begin your interrupted training.
2019 Annual Application for Interruption of Basic Training
Application for Interruption of Advanced Training
- Trainees can interrupt training as many times and as long as they want, within the parameters of the time limit to complete training
- Training periods undertaken during interruptions are not eligible for certification, unless applied for prospectively by the due date
- A trainee can take parental leave at any time (24 months of parental leave can be excluded from the time limit to complete training)
- When returning to training after an interruption of greater than:
- 12 continuous months, trainees may be required to complete additional formative assessments
- 24 continuous months, trainees will be required to complete additional periods of training or other requirements
Withdrawing from training
Use the Withdrawal from Training form if you are withdrawing from your training program at the RACP.
2019 Application for Withdrawal from Basic Training
Application for Withdrawal from Advanced Training form