The Survey contains a series of multiple choice questions and one free text question on broad topics aligned to our Training Provider Standards. You can provide further comments about workplace training at the end of your survey.
Survey topics include:
- patient safety
- learning environment and opportunities
- training governance and management
- training resources
- feedback and assessment
- support and wellbeing
- supervision and educator capacity
- COVID-19 impacts
Some questions may raise sensitive issues. Make a confidential appointment or speak directly with a Converge International consultant by calling 1300 687 327 (Australia) or 0800 666 367 (Aotearoa New Zealand).
Reporting of survey findings
You can request a copy of your answers after submitting the Survey.
An initial analysis of survey findings is completed by ENGINE in the month after the Survey closes. The analysis identifies concerning responses related to patient, educator and trainee safety. Learn more about how we manage potential concerns identified in the survey.
Findings will only be reported in aggregate form. No individual responses will be shared.
We’ll share the findings to those involved in physician training including:
- Training Provider and health service chief executives
- RACP members, including trainees and educators
- Training Program Directors
- RACP training, accreditation and education committees
Training Providers will be asked to reflect on their results to identify and action areas for improvement. Results will inform Training Provider accreditation.
To help users uptake and respond to survey results:
- We provide an interactive results dashboard.
All RACP members can access the dashboard to explore survey results. If you’re a Director of Physician or Paediatric Education or you’ve been issued with a login due to your role in physician training, you can explore the results for your training setting(s).
- We summarise results into overarching performance indicators.
We do this by aligning survey questions with our Training Provider Standards and reporting aggregated results for the questions associated with each standard.
- We compare results across benchmark groups.
Training settings can compare their results against those of other similar training settings, programs and regions.
- We present high-level messages in a summary report, including:
- respondent demographics
- results for selected survey questions related to overall satisfaction, workload, wellbeing, training setting governance and management, learning opportunities and educator responsibilities
- performance indicator heatmaps for different training programs and regions