Moving to Advanced Training
Eligibility to enter Advanced Training
From 2017 trainees must apply to commence Advanced Training (Divisions) within five years of the completion of Basic Training. Please see the Flexible Training Policy for more details.
You will be eligible to enter Advanced Training after completing the Basic Training program requirements and the Divisional Written and Clinical Examinations
Applying for Advanced Training
You are eligible to apply for Advanced Training if you have:
- passed your FRACP Written and Clinical examinations and satisfactorily completed 36 months of certified Basic Training;
- satisfactorily completed the mandatory (core) requirements of the Basic Training program, as outlined in the Divisional Basic Training Program Requirements Handbook;
- submitted a certified copy of completion for the appropriate Advanced Life Support/Advanced Paediatric Life Support course.
If you are in your final year of Basic Training, also ensure you have:
- submitted all of the required PREP tools in accordance with your training program requirements;
- your supervisor has submitted your Final Annual Progress Report. We suggest you speak with your Educational Supervisor or Director of Physician/Paediatric Education to ensure that it is submitted on time.
The process and due dates for applying for Advanced Training depends on the Advanced Training program that you would like to enter. Before you apply, you will also need to secure an Advanced Training position in an accredited hospital.
Find out more about the Advanced Training programs.
Advanced Trainee Selection and Matching (ATSM)
Advanced Trainee Selection and Matching (ATSM) is an online tool to help match Advanced Trainees with available training positions at accredited training hospitals or health services. Not all specialties are involved in ATSM.
Learn more about ATSM and see if your specialty is involved.
Phone: +61 02 9256 5454
Phone: +64 04 472 6713