Our Basic Training curricula are evolving with the healthcare environment, ever-changing medical education and international best practice.
- contributes to the development of a workforce of physicians who provide safe, high-quality care to meet the needs of the community
- builds on trainees’ existing knowledge, skills and attitudes to develop competence and confidence, and professional qualities
- ensures clinical exposure to a wide variety of patients and problems across medical specialties and settings
- establishes a solid foundation for entry into Advanced Training and lifelong learning and practice as a physician
- helps trainees make informed decisions about future career paths
RACP curriculum model
The RACP curriculum model is comprised of the curricula standards that are underpinned by the learning, teaching and assessment programs in Basic Training.
The Professional Practice Framework defines the domains of physician practice and supports the RACP curriculum model.