The Board established the College Council in 2015 to act as its peak advisory body on strategic and cross-College issues.
The College Council responds to issues the Board refers to it and raises issues to the Board that the College Council feels need consideration.
The composition of the College Council enables a variety of member and non-member perspectives to be heard in a single forum.
The Council is a representative body of up to 47 Fellows and trainees that includes:
- a Fellow appointed by the Aotearoa New Zealand Committee
- a representative from each of the 26 identified Education Pathways (including Chapters) within the College
- a Fellow appointed by each RACP Division Council
- a Fellow appointed by each RACP Faculty Council
- up to 4 trainees appointed by the College Trainees’ Committee
- a Fellow appointed by each of the 7 Australian Regional Committees
- a Māori representative and an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander representative, who may be Fellows, trainees or non-members of the RACP
- a consumer representative from the RACP appointed Consumer Advisory Group or an approved delegate
- the Chair of the College Education Committee
For more information, read the College Council By-law (PDF).
The College Council has established two working groups to further key initiatives:
RACP Board Directors may attend Council meetings.
||Associate Professor Catherine O'Connor
College Bodies, member
and other representatives
|Australian regional representatives
|New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory
||Dr Sayontonee Ghosh
||Dr Richard Budd
||Professor Tony Rahman
||Dr Rabin Bhandari
||Dr Matt Lee-Archer
||Associate Professor Annabel Martin
||Dr Poh-Kooi Loh
*Term ended, awaiting appointment (interim members)
**Pending Board approval
2023 Meeting dates
Friday 31 March | Zoom
Friday 9 June | Zoom
Friday 8 August | Zoom
Friday 15 September | In-person Board and College Council strategy day
Friday 17 November | Zoom
For all College Council enquiries, contact the Council Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org