Secured member access
The way you log in to RACP systems is changing.
We’re upgrading our online services to include multi-factor authentication (MFA) to increase the safety of your personal information. MFA adds another layer to your information security by using the Microsoft Authenticator app, SMS or phone call to verify your identity.
Once MFA is set up, you'll need to approve your login each time.
Set up MFA
You'll get an email from us about setting up your MFA. It includes your new User ID.
- Download the Microsoft Authenticator app* to your smartphone.
- Have ready your:
- new User ID from the email
- one-time password from the email, if provided
- Log in to MyRACP to start and follow the prompts to complete the MFA process.
* Downloading the authentication app to your smart phone is the most secure option. However, if you don't have a smartphone, you can also authenticate via SMS or phone call.
Important things to remember about your new User ID
- It is not an email address.
- It will be your User ID from this point on.
Create a new password
If your password isn’t strong enough, we'll include a one-time password in the email with your new User ID.
After you log in with this one-time password and set up MFA, you'll be prompted to change your password to one with 8 or more characters including one character from 3 of these categories:
- uppercase characters A to Z
- lowercase characters a to z
- digits 0 to 9
- special characters such as !, $, #, %
Note: Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Microsoft Edge browsers are supported in MyRACP.
Contact us with questions.