Secured member access
The way you log in to RACP systems is changing.
We’re upgrading our online services to include multi-factor authentication (MFA) to increase the safety of your personal information. MFA adds another layer to your information security by using the Microsoft Authenticator app, SMS or phone call to verify your identity.
Once MFA is set up, you'll need to approve your login each time.
Set up MFA
You can log in once using your old user name and password after 1 October. You'll then get an email from us about setting up your MFA. It includes your new User ID.
- Download the Microsoft Authenticator app* to your smartphone.
- Have ready your:
- new User ID from the email
- one-time password from the email, if provided
- Log in to MyRACP to start and follow the prompts to complete the MFA process.
* Downloading the authentication app to your smart phone is the most secure option. However, if you don't have a smartphone, you can also authenticate via SMS or phone call.
Important things to remember about your new User ID
- It is not an email address.
- It will be your User ID from this point on.
Create a new password
If your password isn’t strong enough, we'll include a one-time password in the email with your new User ID.
After you log in with this one-time password and set up MFA, you'll be prompted to change your password to one with 8 or more characters including one character from 3 of these categories:
- uppercase characters A to Z
- lowercase characters a to z
- digits 0 to 9
- special characters such as !, $, #, %
Browse the topics below if you're having issues with the MFA process.
Note: Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Microsoft Edge are supported in MyRACP. Internet Explorer is not.
Microsoft Authenticator app
QR scanning doesn't work
If you can't get your phone to scan the QR code, the Authenticator app may not have permission to use your phone's camera. Follow these steps:
- Open your phone settings.
- Find the Authenticator app settings.
- Enable permission for the Authenticator app to use your camera.
Authenticator app times out
Authentication tokens are limited. This means there's a short window of time to enter the URL and code. Instead of entering this information manually, try one of these methods:
- Scan the QR code instead. This eliminates the possibility of entering an incorrect URL or code and makes setup faster.
- Use copy and paste directly into a browser window on the same device. This allows you to enter the information faster.
I deleted the Authenticator app after setup
The authentication method you select when setting up MFA is the method you need to use to approve every new sign in attempt in the future. If you chose to authenticate using the app, you'll need to keep the app on your phone.
If you deleted the app, contact us so we can reset it for you. You'll need to go through the setup process again.
Cannot find my new login details
You received an email with your new login details. If you cannot find the email, check your spam/junk folder, or if you're using Gmail, your 'Promotions' folder.
If you still can’t find it, contact us and we'll resend it.
Link in the email doesn't work
If the link we sent you in the email doesn't work, you can also log in directly here on the website as you usually do. The MFA process will start automatically when you log in to MyRACP.
Single-use password doesn't work
If you can't get your password to work, type it in carefully and remember it's case sensitive.
You could also have issues with your password if you attempted the login and then abandoned the MFA setup before completing it.
Contact us to get a new single-use password.
Old login details don't work
You can log in once using your old user name and password after 1 October 2020.
When you receive the email from us with your new User ID and single-use password, you need to log in with those details and compete the MFA process before you can access online system or resources.
Forgotten password process doesn’t work
The forgotten password/User ID link on our login page is linked to the new system. It will only work after you've completed the MFA setup.
Contact us if you've forgotten your old password.
Contact us with questions.