The Thoracic Society - QLD Winter Meeting
20 Jul 2019 at 12:00 AM to 21 Jul 2019 at 12:00 AM
Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, Merivale St and Glenelg St, South Brisbane QLD
The Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand
The Winter Meeting of the Queensland Thoracic Society focuses on occupational and environmental lung disease.
- Occupational Lung Disease: Workcover’s perspective on the past, present and future (Bruce Watson)
- Occupational asthma (John Upham)
- Radiology of occupational lung disease (Katrina Newbign)
- Asbestos: a history and overview (Katherine Semple)
- Pleural plaques and honeycombing: When is it asbestosis? When is it UIP and plaques or does it not matter? (Greg Keir)
- Mesothelioma: Modern treatments (Rick Abraham)
- Are manufactured fibres safe? (Simon Bowler)
- The black lung story: Evolution of a disaster (Eddie Foley)
- CWP: The Wesley Experience (Robert Edwards)
- Silicosis: Asbestos 2.0? Can manufactured stone machining ever be safe? The ins and outs of occupational hygiene (Graeme Edwards)
- Silicosis: Managing the epidemic on the Gold Coast (David Deller)
- Legal Considerations: What is important to your patients (Thady Blundell)
There will be a sit-down lunch during the day and a 2-hour cocktail/canape networking session immediately following the event.
For more information, see The Thoracic Society QLD Winter Meeting.
Contact TSANZoffice@thoracic.org.au with questions.
The Royal Australasian College of Physicians publishes notices of events and courses as a service to members. Such publication does not constitute endorsement or mandating of any such events or courses.