Call for health reform for Australians
12 Mar 2020
The RACP has made a case for constructive health reform in its healthcare recommendations to the Federal Government ahead of its Budget preparation. The fundamental message of the RACP's 2020-2021 Pre-Budget submission is that more needs to be done to address health reform to better connect parts of the health system and address significant gaps in care. Key areas are:
Download 2020-2021 Pre-Budget Submission
- prevention strategies on obesity
- prevention of alcohol-related harms
- early intervention in mental and physical health of infants and children
- more integrated approaches to care
- fundamental reform and redesign of the aged care system.
The Australian 2020-2021 Budget announcement
has been deferred to Tuesday, 6 October 2020. The College will continue its advocacy campaign at the opportune time.