Arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled session.
|Examiner panel 1
||Examiner panel 2
|1:20 to 1:25pm
|1:25 to 1:55pm
|1:55 to 2pm
|2:05 to 2:10pm
|2:10 to 2:40pm
Exact times are confirmed in your candidate allocation letter.
- copy of your candidate allocation letter confirming your name, candidate number, session time and venue
- current photo ID with your full name and signature, for example a passport or driver license
- blue or black ballpoint pens (no pencils, gel or felt-tip pens)
- highlighter (optional)
- water in a clear plastic bottle (optional)
- basic analogue watch
Tip: Dress appropriately. Consider the weather conditions, the venue and your comfort. You don't need to dress formally, but you should look professional.
Not permitted during the exam
- written material (other than your candidate allocation letter)
- electronic devices (including smart watches and communication devices)
- food or beverages (water is provided)
- all other belongings (for example, bags)
During the exam, all electronic devices including mobile phones and smart watches must be switched off and placed in your bag. Your bag will be securely stored on-site.
If you’re found with one of these devices on you during the exam, you’re automatically disqualified and immediately escorted out of the exam venue.
Completing the exam
Your exam takes place in an allocated room where all video conference equipment is set up and thoroughly tested before the exam.
An invigilator is assigned to you for the duration of the exam. They provide instructions and support you through the process.
Before each interview session, you get a clipboard containing the topic and/or some background details of the scenarios for the first 2 questions. We provide notepaper. You have 5 minutes to read, take notes and prepare yourself.
At the end of reading time, you're moved into your first interview session. The examiners introduce themselves briefly then start your session.
You discuss 8 questions in total:
- Examiner panel 1 | 4 questions
- Examiner panel 2 | 4 questions
The examiners take turns as the lead questioner. Both examiners assess your responses.
You can ask the examiners to repeat information or to clarify anything about any of the questions.
During certain questions, you are provided with additional documents, for example, test results to interpret.
At the end of the 30 minutes, the examiners wrap up the session.
An AChSHM-approved observer may also be present. They are not involved in examining or contributing in any way to the interview.
Between exam sessions, there is a 5-minute break for you to regroup and use the toilet.
After the break, you get the case scenarios of the first 2 questions for the next session.
We provide notepaper. You have 5 minutes to read, take notes and prepare yourself.
Leaving the exam venue
After you complete the exam, return your materials to the invigilator. Your personal belongings are returned and you can leave.
Exam materials and content are confidential. The following actions are considered academic misconduct:
- removing exam materials from the venue
- wilfully damaging or interfering with equipment
- reproducing or distributing the contents of exam material
If you breach these requirements, you are excluded from the assessment. See the Academic Integrity in Training Policy (PDF) for more information.