Theme: Curriculum implementation
Curriculum implementation ensures that the RACP curricula are delivered.
Trainees successfully complete training and are prepared for independent practice as skilled physicians.
- The RACP sets the professional standards, curriculum learning outcomes and training program requirements.
- Training providers are required to:
- implement the curricula and deliver relevant high-quality feedback and assessments
- establish that trainees receive relevant work experiences and learning opportunities
- provide appropriate clinical and educational supervision
- only recommend trainees who have demonstrated the professional standards, curriculum learning outcomes and training program requirements for independent practice
- Trainees are:
- responsible for their own learning and achieving the learning outcomes required by the training program
- expected to engage in the work experiences offered, take part in structured learning opportunities and assessments and undertake self-directed learning
Standard 7: Curriculum delivery
Standard 8: Supervision
Standard 9: Feedback and assessment