AFOEM Stage B Practical Examination
The Stage B Practical Examination tests your clinical skills in Occupational and Environmental Medicine at the end of Stage B training.
Due to COVID-19, the postponed 2020 Stage B Practical Examination has been combined with the 2021 Examination.
Dates are correct as of 3 September 2020 and are subject to change due to the impacts of COVID-19.
||Monday 3 May 2021
||5pm AEST, Friday 14 May 2021
|Pre-exam special consideration requests close
(for provisions on exam day)
|Friday 14 May 2021
|Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 November 2021
|Exam day special consideration requests close
(for technical and procedural issues)
|Thursday 16 November 2021
||From 3pm AEDT, Thursday 9 December 2021
If the rescheduled 2021 exam can’t go ahead, the following contingency plan will be put in place. The safety of all participants is at the core of this plan.
Plan B | We run the exam virtually on the scheduled dates.
All candidates eligible to sit the 2021 exam will be able to meet their required annual assessments by the end of 2021. If this requires an alternative format to the current exam, we’ll make this decision 3 months before the exam date.
If one or more locations can’t go ahead with the exam on the planned date due to COVID-19, those in unaffected areas can still take their exam.
Royal North Shore Hospital
St Leonards NSW 2065
See College Fees Terms and Conditions to learn more about paying your exam fees.
To be eligible to sit the examination, you must be an AFOEM trainee in Stage B training with:
- current general AMC/MCNZ medical registration
- approved registration for the current training period
- an Educational Supervisor
- a minimum of 18 months completed and certified active Stage B training (3 training period)
- your most recent training period certified with all teaching and learning activities and assessments complete
- a relevant University Graduate Diploma (or equivalent) and proof of completion received by the Faculty
You must also have:
- paid all College training fees
- applied by the exam due date
If you have outstanding training fees, you’re ineligible to sit the exam. See College Fees Terms and Conditions.
Exam attempt limit
You cannot continue Advanced Training if you exceed the examination attempt limit based on when you commenced training.
||From 2019 onwards
See Progression Through Training Policy for more information about examination attempts.