Theme: Training support
Training support offers the necessary means to educators and trainees so they can be successful.
- Educators are engaged in training and actively seek to:
- develop the skills, attitudes and practices of trainees by supporting learning
- offer feedback
- supervise trainees
- lead training programs
- Educators maintain and develop their training knowledge, skills and behaviours by participating in:
- relevant professional development
- appraisal processes
- training improvement activities
- Educators have a high level of satisfaction with the delivery of training.
- Trainees feel challenged, are thriving and achieving success in various aspects of their professional life.
- Trainees and educators maintain their health and wellbeing and are aware of how to access advice and services in relation to career and health issues.
- Trainees and educators describe the learning environment as safe and supportive.
- Trainees believe Fellows and staff support them through their achievements and any setbacks.
- A training provider’s educators know their roles and have the skills to complete their educational duties.
- Training settings monitor trainee and educator health and wellbeing and provide resources to support them when health or wellbeing is compromised.
- Trainees and educators are responsible for their health and wellbeing and act when these are jeopardised.
Standard 5: Educator leadership, support and wellbeing
Standard 6: Trainee support and wellbeing