St John of God Hawkesbury District Health Service is a teaching hospital in Windsor NSW, providing acute, community and allied health services for the local community and surrounding areas. Our 131-bed healthcare facility is operated by St John of God Health Care and provides public patient services under a public-private partnership with the Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for up to three (3) Advanced Physician Trainees to join the team on a fixed term, full-time basis for 6-12 months starting in August 2023 or February 2024. As a Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP) accredited position for advanced training in General and Acute Medicine, this is a great opportunity to expand your skills, knowledge and confidence, whilst gaining further experience in a wide variety of acute medicine including the supervision of HDU patients, as well as outpatient clinics.
You will be supervised by Visiting Medical Officers with backgrounds in General Medicine, Geriatrics, Respiratory Medicine, Gastroenterology and Cardiology.
Registration with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians as an Advanced Physician Trainee.
Demonstrated clinical and procedural competency in:
- assessment and management of medical patients
- venepuncture, venous and arterial cannulations
- urinary catheterisation including suprapubic catheters
- lumbar puncture
- independent interpretation of diagnostic pathology, radiology and cardiology tests
- cardiopulmonary resuscitation, basic and advanced life support including airway management of adult patients (completion of accredited training in past 2 years)
Apply at careers.sjog.org.au.
For enquiries about this position, applicants should contact Barbara Speechley, JMO Manager, at email@example.com or call 02 4560 5786.