Date published: May 2, 2023, 15:49 PM
If you want your career to go places then join Department of Health in the Northern Territory.
Staff Specialist Clinician SMO1.1 - SMO1.6 (Remuneration Package Range $211,880 - $257,588).
Senior Staff Specialist Clinician SMO2.1 - SMO2.3 (Remuneration Package Range $265,627 $291,433).
Division of Medicine
Darwin. Fixed full time vacancy available for 12 months
Selection will be made at the SC or SSC level depending on the experience and qualifications of the successful applicant.
- Provide specialist Nephrologist services and participate in the general medicine ward service and on call roster within the Division of Medicine, Royal Darwin Palmerston Hospitals and to other regional hospitals in the Northern Territory undertaking specialist medical care and supervision.
- Provide care and advice on the management of renal patients, including admitting, managing and discharging patients under the supervision of the Renal Specialist/Director of Renal Services.
- Provide, with other members of the Renal Department, routine and emergency after hours care and consultancy service on a roster basis.
- Conduct regular inpatient ward rounds incorporating teaching to a multi-disciplinary team and provide an opinion/advice to referring medical practitioners if requested.
Participate in continuous medical education, professional development, peer review, research, teaching, quality improvement activities and clinical audits as appropriate.
- Eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians or be eligible for Fellowship and have appropriate clinical experience
- Senior Specialist Clinician should have six years of full-time service in medical practice as a staff specialist.
- High level of interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and the ability to interact positively as a team member in a cross-cultural work environment
- An interest in and a commitment to improving Indigenous health
- Evidence of commitment to continuing education, teaching, research and quality assurance activities
Apply at jobs.nt.gov.au
Applications must be limited to a one-page summary sheet and detailed resume.