The interventional endoscopy and pancreato-biliary service at Canberra Health Services currently has 2 dedicated interventional endoscopists that service the entire ACT and surrounding region. They are supported by an Advanced Endoscopy Fellow. They perform more than 300 diagnostic and therapeutic EUS procedures and more than 500 ERCP procedures annually.
In addition to this they perform luminal stenting, cholangioscopy, and endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR) of large colonic polyps and other GI lesions.
They work closely with upper GI surgeons, oncologists and radiation oncologists in a multidisciplinary team approach.
There is now an excellent opportunity for a gastroenterologist with experience in interventional endoscopy to advance the current service and introduce novel advanced therapeutic endoscopic procedures to the region.
There are multiple opportunities to participate in ongoing clinical research projects and prospective trials.
In addition to pancreato-biliary and advanced endoscopy service, the GEHU at Canberra hospital offers a broad range of services including IBD and hepatology services.
- be registered / eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- hold Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP) in Gastroenterology/Hepatology
- Conjoint Committee for the Recognition in Training of GI endoscopy (CCRTGE) certification in upper and lower GI endoscopy, EUS and ERCP
- experience in the field of Advanced endoscopy and competence in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy including therapeutic upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy, ERCP and EUS
- experience at a teaching hospital and a dedicated Interventional Endoscopy fellowship is desirable
- experience in advanced endoscopic procedures such as ESD, POEM, and other minimally invasive endoscopic procedures is desirable
Apply at acthealth.taleo.net.
If you would like to know more about this role or other positions within the Department, please contact Eliza Beck on 0401 782 201.
All applications must be submitted through the e-recruitment system and must include a copy of a current CV, and a 2 page pitch addressing the selection criteria in the duty statement under the “what you require” section.