RACP Mentor of the Year Award
Nominations closed Monday 16 September 2019.
The RACP Mentor of the Year Award recognises a Fellow who has made an outstanding contribution to mentoring or has provided a high level of support and guidance throughout training.
A nominee must be a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians, its Divisions, Faculties or Chapters, that is nominated by another Fellow or trainee of the RACP.
A nominee is ineligible if they:
- submit a nomination on their own behalf
- are a previous recipient of the RACP Mentor of the Year Award
- are a previous recipient of any other major College Prize
The RACP Mentor of the Year Award recipient receives:
- the RACP Mentor of the Year certificate, presented at the RACP Congress 2020 gala dinner in Melbourne
- full Congress registration, including gala dinner
- return economy airfares and up to 3 nights' accommodation to attend the RACP Congress
The RACP Mentor of the Year Award recipient will have demonstrated an outstanding and lasting impact in the education and training of trainees.
Your submission must offer an appreciation and evaluation of the nominee's contributions based on:
Detail the nominee's contribution to mentoring over a prolonged period and their significant impact to the College and trainee development.
How has the nominee demonstrated significant leadership, mentoring and support of other trainees?
What significant involvement or impact has the nominee had in policy development and advocacy?
Education and training
What important contributions to education and training has the nominee has made?
The Fellowship Committee takes into consideration if the Fellow has:
- provided mentoring over a prolonged period of time
- provided a training environment that's conducive to good practice, including:
- intellectual and tangible support for development of research projects
- attention to the concerns of trainees
The Fellowship Committee reserves the right to not award the RACP Mentor of the Year Award if all nominations received don't sufficiently meet the criteria.
For more information about the RACP Mentor of the Year Award, contact the RACP Foundation.
terms and conditions
Past prize recipients
College and Congress Prizes
Division, Faculty and Chapter Awards & Prizes