AFPHM President's Awards for Outstanding Contribution
Nominations closed Friday 31 January 2020.
The Australasian Faculty of Public Health Medicine (AFPHM) President’s Awards for Outstanding Contribution recognise Fellows and trainees who have made a notable contribution to the Faculty in any of the following areas:
- education, training and assessment
- policy and advocacy
- trainee commitment
A nominee must be a registered Fellow or active Advanced Trainee of the AFPHM, nominated by a current Fellow or Advanced Trainee of the AFPHM.
A nominee is ineligible if they:
- submit a nomination on their own behalf
- have received a President’s Award within the last 3 years
The recipient of the AFPHM President’s Award for Outstanding Contribution by a Fellow receives:
- return economy airfares (if required) to attend the RACP Congress
- certificate presented at the Faculty dinner
The recipient of the AFPHM President’s Award for Outstanding Contribution by a Trainee receives:
- full RACP Congress registration
- return economy airfares and one night’s accommodation to attend the RACP Congress presentation
- a certificate
An Award Review Panel comprised of the AFPHM President and two other AFPHM Fellows will review all the nominations.
A winner will be chosen for each award:
- President’s Award for Outstanding Contribution by a Fellow
- President’s Award for Outstanding Contribution by a Trainee
Award winners will be notified and receive an invitation to attend the AFPHM President's Dinner at RACP Congress for their award presentation.
The AFPHM reserves the right not to make an award if all nominations received don't sufficiently meet the criteria.
For more information about the Awards, contact the RACP Foundation.