RACP Trainee of the Year
Nominations are open from Monday 1 July to Monday 16 September 2019.
The RACP Trainee of the Year prize recognises a trainee who has made an outstanding contribution to the RACP, the community and/or trainee activities.
A Fellow or trainee of the RACP can nominate a trainee of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians, its Divisions, Faculties or Chapters:
*A successful recipient may be admitted to Fellowship of the RACP following the close of nominations in the current year and prior to presentation of the prize in the following year.
- has been an active trainee for a minimum of 3 months in the current year
- who is an active trainee at the time of their contribution for which they are nominated for*
A nominee is ineligible if they:
- submit a nomination on their own behalf
- are a previous recipient of the RACP Trainee of the Year prize
The RACP Trainee of the Year prize recipient receives:
- the RACP Trainee of the Year certificate, presented at the RACP Congress 2020 gala dinner in Melbourne
- full Congress registration, including the gala dinner
- return economy airfares and up to 3 nights’ accommodation to attend RACP Congress
The RACP Trainee of the Year prize recipient will have demonstrated an outstanding and lasting impact to the College, the community and/or trainee activities.
Your submission must provide an appreciation and evaluation of the nominee's:
What extraordinary contribution has the nominee made to the College, Community and/or trainees over a prolonged period of time?
How has the nominee demonstrated significant leadership, mentoring and support of other trainees?
What significant involvement has the nominee played in policy development and advocacy?
- Education and training
What significant contributions has the nominee made to education and training?
Read the terms and conditions before submitting your nomination.
Nominations must be submitted as a single PDF file, including:
- a completed nomination form, addressing the selection criteria
- the nominee's CV (5 pages maximum)
- 2 x signed letters of support from referees other than the nominator, each addressing the selection criteria
- any other relevant supporting documentation – up to 2 documents maximum, no more than 3 pages each
The Fellowship Committee will take into consideration whether the trainee has:
- provided an extraordinary contribution to the RACP, community and/or trainees across one or more numbered criteria categories above over a sustained period of time
- shown commitment and dedication to the RACP above all expectations
- engaged in a wide variety of services for the RACP on a regular basis
The Fellowship Committee reserves the right not to award the RACP Trainee of the Year prize if they don't receive any nomination that sufficiently meet the criteria.
For more information about the RACP Trainee of the Year prize, contact the RACP Foundation.
Past prize recipients
Division, Faculty and Chapter Awards & Prizes