The Award of Honorary Fellowship is a prestigious appointment made by the RACP Board. It is awarded to distinguished or renowned members of the medical profession and other respected and acclaimed individuals.
Honorary Fellowships are awarded at the annual College Ceremony or other approved events.
For more information about Honorary Fellowship, see the Policy Governing the Award of Honorary Fellowship (PDF).
Find out how you can nominate someone deserving of an RACP Honorary Fellowship.
RACP's Honorary Fellowship, which has recognised renowned physicians for over 80 years, is awarded in 2020 to Dr Tane Taylor and Professor Russell Viner.
Recipients of an Honorary Fellowship are entitled to:
- Honorary Fellowship testamur
- use of the post-nominal 'FRACP (Hon)'
- access to College publications, including journals
- access to the members-only digital content
- the waiving of annual Fellowship fees