Regional Committee Priorities
RACP regional committees exist across Australia to advance the interests of local members, as policy and advocacy champions, to facilitate and promote educational opportunities for Fellows and trainees within the regions, and to advocate on training matters within local hospitals and clinical settings.
The Regional Committees drive the RACP’s policy and advocacy related to regional issues, and pursue broader College advocacy goals in each jurisdiction.
The Regional Committee Chairs are also members of the College’s Policy and Advocacy Council and as such have direct input into the overall College policy and advocacy priorities.
Regional Committees serve as a vital part of the RACP policy and advocacy network by:
- being the first port of call for local Fellows and trainees regarding policy matters and communicating regularly with the local membership
- advocating on College policy matters, and maintaining strong relationships with state and territory Health Ministers and other key regional stakeholders
- forming strong relationships with hospitals and health organisations
- supporting national campaigns, drawing on their members’ expertise, local knowledge and networks
- advocating and escalating policy issues of state and territory importance to the broader College
- providing regional educational opportunities to local Fellows and trainees that align with broader College policy and advocacy goals
- recognising the policy and advocacy contributions of local Fellows.
To contact your regional committee and other information, please see Regional Offices.
For further information on regional policy priorities, email firstname.lastname@example.org or browse the Policy and Advocacy Library for state and territory policy documents.
Prioritising Health: RACP 2022 SA Election Statement (PDF)
Prioritising Health: RACP 2021 Tasmanian election statement (PDF)
Prioritising Health: RACP 2021 Western Australia election statement (PDF)
Prioritising Health: 2020 Northern Territory Election Statement (PDF)
RACP NSW Election Statement 2019 (PDF)