26 Feb 2019 at 12:00 AM to 02 Mar 2019 at 12:00 AM
Mater Education, Level 4, Duncombe Building Raymond Terrace, South Brisbane QLD
The Advanced Debriefing program is hosted by Mater Education and the Center for Medical Simulation.
Drawing on advanced techniques from experiential learning and organisational psychology, this course focuses on debriefing skills to enhance and extend instructional techniques learnt in the Simulation as a Teaching Tool course.
The course runs over four full days and includes an online component. Topics covered include:
- debriefing techniques with feedback
- provision of feedback to colleagues on debriefing
- utilisation of Action Science techniques for assessing the quality of debriefing
To be eligible for this program participants are required to either:
- be graduates of the CMS simulation instructor course Simulation as a Teaching Tool, the Comprehensive Simulation Instructor course
- submit a recording of a debriefing they have conducted (this will be reviewed by the Institute for Medical Simulation Senior Director who may provide an exemption)
For more information or to register, go to the Mater Education website.
The Royal Australasian College of Physicians publishes notices of events and courses as a service to members. Such publication does not constitute endorsement or mandating of any such events or courses.