Australia Day Honours 2020
29 Jan 2020
Congratulations to the 17 RACP Fellows recognised in the 2020 Australia Day Honours lists.
These awards highlight the outstanding work RACP members do and the importance of that work in local, national and international communities.
AUSTRALIA DAY 2020 HONOURS
Companion (AC) in the General Division of the Order of Australia
- Professor Bruce Gregory Robinson AM, FRACP
For eminent service to medical research, and to national healthcare, through policy development and reform, and to tertiary education.
Officer (AO) in the General Division of the Order of Australia
- Professor Rachelle Buchbinder FRACP
For distinguished service to medical education in the fields of epidemiology and rheumatology, and to professional associations.
- Professor Peter McIntyre FRACP, FAFPHM
For distinguished service to medicine, and to medical education, to child and adolescent health, and to professional bodies.
- Professor Robert John Simes FRACP
For distinguished service to education, and to medicine, in the field of cancer research and clinical trials.
- Professor Jeffrey David Zajac FRACP
For distinguished service to medical research and education, particularly in the field of endocrinology, and to professional societies.
Member (AM) in the General Division of the Order of Australia
- Emeritus Professor Thomas John Boulton FRACP
For significant service to medical education, and to paediatric medicine.
- Dr Frank Patrick Brennan FRACP, FAChPM
For significant service to palliative medicine, and to medical education.
- Emeritus Professor Brendan Crotty FRACP
For significant service to health education, and to the community.
- Dr Paul Elias Eliadis FRACP
For significant service to medicine as a clinical haematologist, and to charitable initiatives.
- Associate Professor Sanghamitra (Mitra) Guha FRACP
For significant service to medicine, and to medical education.
- Dr Anthony (Tony) Leigh Mylius FRACP
For significant service to community health, and to cardiology.
- Dr John Dominic Santamaria FRACP
For significant service to intensive care medicine.
Medal (OAM) of the Order of Australia in the General Division
- Dr Hazel Fern Goldberg FRACP
For service to respiratory medicine.
- Dr Sadanand Limaye FRACP
For service to medicine, and to the multicultural community.
- Dr Meng Chong Ngu FRACP
For service to medicine in the fields of gastroenterology and hepatology.
- Dr Kim Frances Rooney FRACP, FAChPM
For service to medicine.
- Dr John Milton Wettenhall FRACP
For service to the international community through water, sanitation and medical programs.