Eric Susman Prize
Nominations closed Thursday 10 October 2019.
The Eric Susman Prize is a prestigious award presented by the College for best contribution to the knowledge of any branch of internal medicine (adult medicine and paediatrics).
Learn about Dr Eric Susman who the prize honours.
A Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians, its Divisions, Faculties or Chapters can be nominated by any Fellows and trainees of the RACP.
A nominee is ineligible if they submit a nomination on their own behalf.
The Eric Susman Prize recipient receives:
- the Eric Susman Medal, presented at the College Ceremony at RACP Congress 2020 in Melbourne
- return economy airfares and up to 3 nights' accommodation to attend the College Ceremony
- an invitation to present their research as part of the RACP Congress 2020 program
The Eric Susman Prize recipient will have demonstrated an outstanding and lasting contribution to the field of internal medicine in the areas of research, teaching and/or clinical medicine.
Your submission must:
identify 2 key pieces of the published work by the nominee during the 5-year period from 1 January 2014 to 31 December 2018 that:
- highlight the nominee’s contribution to research and the impact the research has had
- the nominee is the major contributor
Note: 'Published work' is generally defined as being available to the profession by means of either books or articles published in recognised scientific journals.
demonstrate the nominee's sustained ongoing links with Australia or New Zealand
give an appreciation and evaluation of the contribution of the nominee over the relevant period, including:
- details of the contribution made by the person nominated in the field of internal medicine (research, teaching or clinical medicine)
- the originality of the research and the standing of the nominee in his or her branch of medicine
- an assessment of the contribution of the nominee in relation to others in the field
provide information around the translation into clinical practice and impact
indicate the best articles in support of the nominee
The Grants Advisory Committee will take into consideration whether:
- the work has a strong and direct bearing on clinical medicine and contains a component of patient care
- the nominee is an ordinary Fellow rather than a person admitted to Fellowship by a special provision
The Grants Advisory Committee reserves the right not to award the Eric Susman Prize if they don't receive nominations that sufficiently meet the criteria.
For more information about the Eric Susman Prize, contact the RACP Foundation.
Terms and conditions
Past prize recipients
College and Congress Prizes
Division, Faculty and Chapter Awards & Prizes