AChSHM Indigenous Scholarship
Applications are closed.
The Australasian Chapter of Sexual Health Medicine (AChSHM) Indigenous Scholarship offers medical students, junior medical officers, registrars and physician trainees who identify as Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander or Māori, the opportunity to attend the AChSHM Annual Scientific Meeting on 19 March 2022.
The Scholarship provides educational and networking opportunities to connect and meet influential healthcare professionals, exposure to career pathways in sexual health medicine, and supports an understanding of the health needs of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Māori peoples.
- identify as Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander or Māori
- be a medical student, junior medical officer or registrar, or
- a basic trainee of the RACP
- Registration to the annual AChSHM Annual Scientific Meeting, as well as associated travel and accommodation up to the total value of AUD$2000, and
- One year of mentoring support from a member of the AChSHM Committee
When applications are open, complete the simple application form and include a written submission of approximately 300-500 words. The submission should include aspects such as:
- current and future commitment to Indigenous activities related to sexual health
- relevance to current stage of training or medical career
A selection panel comprised of Fellows of the AChSHM and a member of the College’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Committee and/or Māori Health Committee assess all applications.
For more information about the AChSHM Indigenous Scholarship, contact us.