AChSHM Indigenous Scholarship
Applications closed 31 October 2023.
The Australasian Chapter of Sexual Health Medicine (AChSHM) Indigenous Scholarship offers medical students, junior medical officers, registrars and physician trainees who identify as Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander or Māori, the opportunity to attend the AChSHM Annual Scientific Meeting in 2024.
The Scholarship provides educational and networking opportunities to connect and meet influential healthcare professionals, exposure to career pathways in sexual health medicine, and supports an understanding of the health needs of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Māori peoples.
- identify as Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander or Māori
- be a medical student, junior medical officer or registrar, or
- a basic trainee of the RACP
Two prizes are on offer, with each providing:
- Registration to the annual AChSHM Annual Scientific Meeting, as well as associated travel and accommodation up to the total value of AUD$2000, and
- One year of mentoring support from a member of the AChSHM Committee
When applications are open:
- complete the simple application form and include a written submission of approximately 300-500 words. The submission should include aspects such as:
- current and future commitment to Indigenous activities related to sexual health
- relevance to current stage of training or medical career
- include your current CV (maximum three pages)
- provide two letters of reference supporting your application. These may be of a medical or cultural nature.
Applications must be submitted as a single PDF file to email@example.com
Download application form (DOC)
A selection panel comprised of Fellows of the AChSHM and a member of the College’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Committee and/or Māori Health Committee assesses all applications.
For more information about the AChSHM Indigenous Scholarship, contact us.