RACP Trainee of the Year
Nominations are now open.
Nominations Close: Monday, 17 September 2018, 5.00 p.m. AEST
The RACP Trainee of the Year Award recognises a trainee who has made an outstanding contribution to the RACP, the community and/or trainee activities.
The Fellowship Committee will consider nominations for the award and will announce the recipient at the RACP Congress Gala Dinner.
Terms & Conditions (Prizes)
Who is eligible?
- Must have been a trainee of The Royal Australasian College of Physicians, its Faculties or Chapters when they made the contribution they are nominated for
- Must have been an active trainee for a minimum of three months of the current year
- May have become a Fellow of the RACP in November and December of the current year
- Must be nominated by a Fellow or trainee of the RACP
- Must not have been a previous recipient of the RACP Trainee of the Year Award
Nominees must not:
- Submit an application on their own behalf
What is the prize?
- Full Congress registration (including the Congress dinner) to attend the presentation of the RACP Trainee of the Year Award
- Return economy airfares to the RACP Congress
- Up to three nights’ accommodation
How do I nominate someone?
- Read the Terms & Conditions (Prizes)
- Submit your nomination in PDF format to email@example.com, including:
- A completed nomination form which addresses the selection criteria
- two referee letters/reports
What is the selection criteria?
The outstanding contribution that you nominate a trainee for may demonstrate:
- Mentoring and support of other trainees
- Contributions to education and training
- Involvement in policy development and advocacy
The nominator's submission must give an appreciation and evaluation of the nominee's contributions and should include:
- Details of the contributions made
- The impact of these contributions on others
- How their efforts have contributed in a meaningful way to College, community and/or trainee activities
The assessment of the contribution of the nominee in relation to others is emphasised as being an essential part of the nomination.
The Committee will take into consideration whether the trainee has:
- Provided an extraordinary contribution to the RACP, community and/or trainees in any of the numbered criteria categories above over a sustained period of time
- Shown commitment and dedication to the RACP above all expectations
- Engaged in a wide variety of services for the RACP on a regular basis
The Fellowship Committee may choose not to award the RACP Trainee of the Year Award if they do not receive nominations that sufficiently meet the criteria.
For more information on the RACP Trainee of the Year Award, please contact the RACP Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org