Supervisor Self-Reflection and Peer Review resources
These 2 resources are designed to support you in ongoing learning about your role as a supervisor.
- The Supervisor Self-Reflection and Peer Review Tool (the tool)
- The list of resources to support learning against each of the capabilities of a supervisor.
Reflecting and seeking feedback on your supervisory practice is a valuable CPD activity. You can use the Tool to attract CPD in categories 2 and/or 3 of the MyCPD Framework.
Download Supervisor Self-Reflection and Peer Review Tool (PDF)
Category 2 | Reviewing Performance: Peer-review activity
- Work with a peer who has a good knowledge of your supervision style.
- Agree to complete the form for each other.
- Arrange to have a reflective discussion to assist each other to identify areas of strength and areas for development.
Your focus should be on constructive feedback, identifying areas of strength and areas for development. To have an even deeper impact, make your comments as specific as possible.
Working as a group
It may be valuable to complete the activity as a team, providing feedback for each other and/or using the competencies as the focus of a peer-review meeting.
Use the [insert form name here] form to submit a group peer-review.
Category 3 | Measuring Outcomes
- Take the time to review your performance against each of the supervisory competencies.
- Create a plan to meet any development needs you identify. The resource material below may help.
- You could complete the tool again following trainee placements to chart change in your practice.
You can focus on particular domains. It isn't necessary to complete the whole tool.
Domain 1: Educational Leadership and Management
Domain 2: Learning Environment and Culture
Domain 3: Teaching and Facilitating for safe practice
Note: Some of the resources listed have not been endorsed by Supervisor Learning Support or the RACP. These are provided to you as suggested reading which you might find useful for your review.