Member Health and Wellbeing Strategic Plan 2023-2026
Our Member Health and Wellbeing Strategic Plan was developed by the Member Health and Wellbeing Committee with the vision that all RACP members flourish and achieve their full potential in all aspects of life.
The Plan is founded on 4 guiding principles:
- The wellbeing of members is essential in all stages of their careers and lives.
- The individual, our College, and practice environments have a collective responsibility for member wellbeing.
- Wellbeing must be embedded into all College activities and culture, and modelled by leadership.
- Our College will advocate for and enable evidence-based practices to promote wellbeing.
The Plan is organised into 4 focus areas, each with key priorities to guide the delivery of wellbeing initiatives for RACP members over the next 4 years.
Access the Member Health and Wellbeing Strategic Plan 2023-2026 (PDF)
1 | Empower members
We empower and equip members to take control of their health and wellbeing.
- Enable and promote wellbeing and resilience
- Normalise self-care and wellbeing
- Identify and mitigate barriers that prevent self-care
2 | Educate and Advocate
We educate members on wellbeing and self-care, raise awareness of mental distress and challenge stigma.
- Educate members on wellbeing and self-care as a core competency
- Promote help-seeking behaviour
- Collaborate with College stakeholders to advocate for and promote safe, equitable, and inclusive working environments
3 | Innovate and Develop
We identify, facilitate access and develop innovative wellbeing programs for our members.
- Promote innovative and successful activities
- Develop evidence-based resources based on member needs
- Identify and mitigate the adverse impact of College systems on wellbeing
- Facilitate access to support services
4 | Evaluate
We evaluate the impact of our health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Commit to continuous improvement of wellbeing initiatives
- Encourage ongoing feedback from members