South Australia Annual Scientific Meeting (SA-ASM)
01 Dec 2018 at 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Adelaide Convention Centre, North Terrace, Adelaide SA
RACP South Australia
Registrations for the 2018 SA Annual Scientific Meeting – SA Horizons – Scanning the Next 10 Years – close Friday, 16 November.
To be held at the Adelaide Convention Centre on Saturday, 1 December, the ASM brings together renowned presenters to take a look at future medical science. RACP President Associate Professor Mark Lane will deliver the opening address and Australia’s first National Rural Health Commissioner will speak.
Here’s a taste of what you can expect.
Future Medical Science:
- Cloud Based Artificial Intelligence
Dr Phil Tideman
- The role of expensive, targeted therapies in the next 10 years
Professor Catherine Hill
- Automated and objective measurement of patient outcomes
Dr Sam Gluck
- The Future of Rural and Remote Medicine
Emeritus Professor Paul Worley
Education for Future Physicians:
- Where are we now, and where might we be in 5 years?
Professor Kevin Forsyth
- Current and future challenges in Medical Education
Professor Michael Shanahan
- Future proofing your own health
Dr Roger Sexton
- Update on the Syphilis epidemic in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
Conjoint Associate Professor Catherine O’Connor
SA’s Future Workforce:
- Fit for Purpose? A future medical workforce
Associate Professor Grant Phelps
- Planning a career in Medicine – Looking Ahead
Professor Nicola Spurrier
- What does the future hold for our workforce?
Registration is essential.
If you have any questions or need special assistance please contact RACPSA@racp.edu.au or call (08) 8465 0972