6th Annual Examination Preparation Intensive Course in Rehabilitation Medicine
30 May 2019 at 12:00 AM to 04 Jun 2019 at 12:00 AM
St Vincent's Hospital, 390 Victoria St, Darlinghurst NSW 2010
The course will provide:
- practice and coaching to prepare for success in OSCE style examinations
- development and practice of skills such as critical thinking and writing under pressure
- focused physical examination techniques and managing exam nerves
- approaches to patient management in musculoskeletal and pain rehabilitation (including amputees) and geriatric rehabilitation
- skills necessary to use theory and medical knowledge to pass OSCE style exam.
History and examination assist in the solving of clinical rehabilitation problems and typical OSCE cases will be presented, analysed and marked during the workshop.
The course will include:
- examination technique including an 8 station OSCE practice examination
- presentations by organisational psychologists on exam presentation style, management of performance anxiety and writing under pressure
- skills required to write design and assess OSCE questions
- video analysis of exam performance.
The Royal Australasian College of Physicians publishes notices of events and courses as a service to members. Such publication does not constitute endorsement or mandating of any such events or courses.